The concept of a knife sharpener at home comes in as a way for people who want the best cooking of knife cutting experience. It can be seen that knives over time get a bit full and loose heir cutting abilities, that’s when we sharpening them. While there are manual ways to sharpen a knife, an electric knife sharpener will just ease the work and maintain efficiency. An electric knife sharpener will grind the blade faster (in a time range of 30 seconds to 1 minute).
#1. Chef’s Choice Model 120 Knife Sharpener
One of the most top-notch knife sharpeners with a customer rating of 4 stars out of 5. This sharpener is a bit expensive but the product is claimed to deliver fast results with highly durable edges with required sharpness.
- It has three slots to insert knives also known as sharpening stages. Provides sharpening for only one side of the blade.
- It has 100% diamond abrasives and flexible stropping.
- The resulting edge angle is 20 degrees.
- It has a pre-sharpening stage, sharpening stage, & honing/polishing stage.
- The product comes in various colours such as black-white, platinum, chrome, red and white.
- The product will sharpen the knife within 1 minute. If a knife is being re-sharpened then the only time requirement is 10 seconds.
- The product weighs about 2kgs and with a length not greater than 45 inches and width close to 10 inches.
- The Chef’s Model 120 comes with 3 years warranty.
- It is lightweight and not too big
- So the product can be easily adjusted at home.
- Sharpens the knife/blade in a short time frame
- A 3-year warranty to assure you that if something in the product stops working you can get it changed or fixed. So basically it comes with an assured feeling
- Only one problem is that is very expensive in comparison to other knife sharpeners that are easily available in the market.
#2. Wusthof 3 Stage Knife Sharpener
As the name suggests it’s a three-stage knife sharpener, meaning it has three places from where you can grind and sharpen your blade, each stage has a different purpose. Knife’s are also to be taken care of and kept honed & sharpened, this will increase their efficiency. This product here will help you do that but with more efficiency. This product is also another invention by Chef’s Choice and has bagged a whopping 4.6 out of 5 ratings.
- It has three slots to insert knives also known as sharpening stages. Provides sharpening for only one side of the blade.
- It has a 14-degree resulting edge angle of any kind of blade.
- The product is black and stainless steel.
- The three stages are there to sharpen, hone and polish.
- Stage 1 is the basic stage which sharpens a dull knife, by creating a new edge with the help of an in-built wheel; on which the blade is sharpened (diamond abrasive wheel).
- Stage 2 slot also consists of a diamond wheel that has a finer texture, this is used for further detailing of the blade; increasing the precision of edges and hones.
- Stage 3 slot consists of a material which has an advanced flexible stropping property which is used to polish the knife blade for it to become even sharper. This is good for honing serrated blades.
- Despite your blade type, the product will sharpen it
- Works on all western-styled knifes
- It’s a great tool easy to use with just three stages to pass to get a knife that will guarantee precision and sharpness
- As it’s a product of Chef’s Choice you can rely on its authenticity
- A bit expensive in comparison to the other electric sharpeners available in the market
- There were some complaints that it cannot sharp big knives properly (longer than 8 inches)
- The plastic surrounding the slots does not provide much clearance and is deemed useless by many users
#3. Chef’s Choice Hybrid Model 220
Another model of Chef’s Choice, it is two-staged design. If you were to notice it mentions hybrid in its name that is because it is the mix of electrical and manual application. The product as a whole is not automatic but claims to make your blades razor sharp. The Chef’s Choice Hybrid 220 has got good customer feedback and a rating of 4.5 out of 5.
- Stage 1 comprises an electric motor that is convenient for sharpening.
- Stage 2 is the manual stage that comprises a slot with a criss-cross design that contributes to speeding up the sharpening process. This new technology creates sharp edges with “bites”.
- There is the usage of diamond abrasive wheels in both stage 1 and stage 2. This helps in producing an errorless sharp edge with ease.
- Comes with a one year warranty.
- Easy to use, comes with thermal protection.
- This product is safe to use for all quality knives.
- Tried and tested product
- May sometimes leave faint rub marks on some blades, doesn’t affect the blade that much.
- May overheat which in turn will cause it to shut down. (Will come back on after it is cooled)
#4. Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
This knife sharpener is also giving competition to other knife sharpeners in the market. It is easy to use knife sharpener that is been made in China. Presto 0880 consists of 2 stages.
- Stage 1 is for grinding and Stage 2 is for honing
- It consists of Sapphire wheels that contribute to providing razor-sharp precision. This is the same material that is used in professional stores.
- The Presto 0880 consumes 120volts
- Stage 1, precision grinding begins that forms the edge of the angle. Stage 2 is used to further guide the blade and make it more sharp and precise.
- Three suction cups are present on the bottom so that the knife sharpener doesn’t make much movement.
- It helps in guiding the blade while sharpening so that it comes out with a proper angle edge and sharpness.
- It creates a razor-sharp edge within 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Sharpens almost all non-serrated blades.
- There are some complaints that the wheel consists of coarse grit stones which in turn damage the material.
- May leave a blur on your knife after sharpening.
- The product is a little loud while sharpening the knife.
#5. LINKYO Electric Knife Sharpener
An easy to use and not so costly product, this electric knife sharpener is great for household use and has received positive feedback from customers. The LINKYO comprises a two-stage sharpening process, and it has automatic blade guides that will guide you and position your knife in such a way that it achieves a sharpened edge easily.
- Has automatic blade positioning guides
- Has suction cups situated on the bottom of the machine, so it stays in place and doesn’t move
- Stage 1 sharpens the blade’s edge and reshapes the angle.
- Stage 2 is for doing the finishing, by honing and polishing the blade.
- The LINKYO doesn’t create much mess, as it has detachable plugs that catch the metal shards and filings.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Each stage has 2 slots- one for each side of the blade.
- Doesn’t cause much noise
- Lightweight and not too big, so it can be stored anywhere
- You can only use this machine to sharp straight blades
- Sometimes when it sharpens your knife, it also reduced the mass of the blade by a good amount
- Customers claim that it is not for long term use
#6. Chef’s choice 270 Hybrid
As the name suggests, this product comprises a combined effort of both electrical and manual application. It’s a three-stage knife sharpener, in which stage 1 and stage 2 are electric and stage 3 is manual.
- It can be used to share any kind of knife; straight, serrated knives, pocket knives etc.
- The machine uses a new “criss-cross” technology for sharpening the blades which will sharpen the blade in such a manner that it will get an into and out-of-the edge precision.
- Stage 1 and 2 are for electrically sharpening the blade and giving them an angled edge.
- Stage 3 is the manual stage used for honing.
- The machine uses diamond abrasive wheels for sharpening the blades.
- For durability, they have added brushed stainless steel knife guides
- So you don’t arch your knife at the wrong angle
- Customer feedback suggests it is worth the money
- Doesn’t take much time to form and sharpen the edges
- A bit expensive (but buyers consider the product worth the money)
#7. Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor EdgeSelect
This is a 3-stage knife sharpener that comes with the strength and precision of the Trizor edge. It is a premium packed knife sharpener that has all which is needed to get the best knife sharpening experience.
- Quick Knife sharpening, with the time required to work on a new blade, is just under 1 minute. Re-sharpening will take not more than 10 seconds.
- Used for converting high angle edges into knives that are good for household use.
- Flexible spring guides are present in this machine, to make sure your knife is sharpened with great precision and no mistake is made.
- Has a 3 stage system that is fully electrical which consists of diamond abrasives and advanced stropping stage.
- Can easily sharpen any knife whether it be straight serrated or of a different style
- A 15-degree class can easily be attained
- Spring guides provide great flexibility and durability
- A bit expensive
- You need to know exactly how to pull the blade while sharpening it in the slot otherwise, you might end up damaging it.
#8. Presto 08810 Professional Electric Knife Sharpener
This product is a professional kindergarten sharpener with a power rating of 120volts and 60 Hz. This can be used to sharpen the fillet knife, household knives, and professional knives. An easy to use the machine with an easy step by step procedure. The Presto 08810 has 3 stages.
- It has an adjustable blade sector that provides many sharpening angles.
- Stage 1 has a Sapphire coarse grating wheel to give the best sharpening edge and set the proper angle.
- Stage 2 also has the same grinding wheel but is used to increase the precision of the blade.
- Stage 3 is the final stage that is used for polishing the blade with the help of a fine-grit ceramic wheel.
- Doesn’t consume much power
- Works on all sorts of blade whether it be big or small
- Has rubber suction cups on the bottom to minimize the movement of the machine.
- The Presto 08810 cannot sharp scissors, as it will hinder the blade
- Expensive about other knife sharpeners present in the market.
#9. Chef’s Choice 130 Professional Knife-Sharpening Station
One of the most expensive kindergarten sharpener in the market. But this sharpener is worth its price, it comes as a compact version with all the sharpening options. It’s a 3 stage sharpener and comes in platinum.
- 100% abrasive grinding wheel.
- It has a flexible stropping disk.
- It has angle guides on the sides to ensure fool-proof sharpening.
- The second stage or the middle section puts a serration on the knives that increases the grip for the knives.
- Can be used for all knives
- Will give a precise 20-degree angle knife
- Has a stable bottom so it has minimum movement.
- The product is one of the most expensive knife sharpeners in this category
#10. Chef’s Choice 250 Hybrid Diamond Hone
A cheap and easy to use knife sharpener that is affordable for house-hold sharpening. With great customer feedback and a rating of 4.5 out of 5. The Chef’s choice 250 has a 3 stage sharpening process. It consists of both electrical and manual application for sharpening.
- Is set to sharp 20 degree knives to precision.
- Stage 1 and 2 are for electrical sharpening.
- Stage 3 is for honing and is manual.
- All stages have 100% diamond abrasive grinding wheels.
- Stage 3 has an ultra-fine texture of its a diamond abrasive wheel, to give a good shine and finishing to the blade
- Can be used for any type of blade big or small
- The professional edge that is stronger than the regular V-shaped slots
- A bit basic in design
- If you rub your blade too hard you might cut the plastic
That’s all folks hope you liked all this compiled information, and hope it might have helped you all.
Many times people ask what is our view and what product we suggest. Well following that we would suggest the “Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor EdgeSelect”, as it seems like the product that would be the most efficient in sharpening any type of knife.
**NOTE– These products have been ranked according to customer feedback and overall sale, there is no official ranking of these products. We are here to bring Best Electric Knife Sharpeners to our readers. So, your small contribution can help us to improve our review.